During the early stages of the disease, while recent recall could be affected, they will still be able to remember events from decades prior.
Subtle warning signs of Alzheimer’s might include:
- Losing keys and glasses around the house
- Forgetting names of friends
- Struggling to find the right words for conversation
- Getting lost in familiar places
- Forgetting appointments or significant dates.
Other issues with thinking, reasoning, language, and perception can develop.
For instance, in terms of speech, a person with Alzheimer’s might start repeating themselves or struggle to follow a conversation.