IT has been announced that the deadline has been extended for entries to the Cornwall Business Awards.
Businesses now have until midnight on Monday, March 28, to submit their entries.
Due to a late flurry of interest in applying for the awards, the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Growth and Skills Hub has announced the extension to allow businesses just a little more time to tweak and perfect their applications, with the awards night itself, due to take place on June 30, now just a matter of months away.
Kirsty Miles-Musgrave, Operations Manager for the Growth and Skills Hub, said: “With the awards on an enforced hiatus these past two years we recognise that everyone might need a bit more time to write their application.
“If you have never applied for an award before we are here to help with a series of top tips webinars, which are recorded so you can watch back as you are doing your entry. Plus, the team are on our webchat to answer any questions should you have them.”
With 15 categories to choose from there is an award category for everyone, from sustainability to great customer service or great places to work.
Award Categories for 2022 are:
1. Beacon Inclusivity Award – sponsored by Beacon Project;
2. Best Business with a Purpose – sponsored by CORSERV;
3. Best Customer Experience – sponsored by TalentTide;
4. Best Family Business – sponsored by St Austell Printing Company;
5. Best New Business – sponsored by Outset Cornwall;
6. Best Place to Work;
7. Business Finance Award – sponsored by Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Investment Fund;
8. Business Leader of the Year – sponsored by InFocus from Unlocking Potential;
9. Clean Growth Award – sponsored by Impact, Innovation and Business at the University of Exeter;
10. Employee of the Year – sponsored by Truro & Penwith College;
11. Exporter of the Year – sponsored by Business Cornwall;
12. Growth Business of the Year – sponsored by Access to Finance;
13. Rising Star Award – sponsored by Cornwall & Isles of Scilly LEP;
14. Third Sector Award – sponsored by Eden Project;
15. Skills Brilliance Award – sponsored by CCB Training.
The awards are completely free to enter, and businesses should register on the Cornwall Business Awards website. To find out more about the awards and sign up see https://www.cornwallbusinessawards.co.uk
The Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Growth Hub and Skills Hub are part funded by the European Structural & Investment Funds and match funded by Cornwall Council, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Local Enterprise Partnership.